The City of Taranto was built by the Spartans on the coast of Southern Italy. Together, adidas Consortium and Taranto-natives Sneakers76 present a stunning EQT Running Guidance 93 in a colorway inspired by the sea surrounding the city.
Greek myth has it that Taras, son of Poseidon, was shipwrecked off the coast before being rescued by a dolphin, and went on to first found the city.
The aquatic green on the perforated toe represents Taranto’s natural harbor – known to locals as the Small Sea, while the EQTs mid-foot section represents the swing bridge, Ponte Girevole, which crosses the edge of the harbor. The grey is a similar tone to the modern bridge while the golden brown is a nod to the wooden structure which formerly stood in its place. This theme of new and old is continued on the heel where the adidas Equipment logo is stitched in silver on the left shoe and gold on the right. The seafoam green on the rear of the shoe represents the Big Sea – the open ocean which Taranto overlooks.
Since its relaunch, the EQT Running Guidance has enjoyed a series of makeovers, contemporized with Primeknit and other modern manufacturing techniques. This time it gets upholstered in luxurious soft suede. The sea-theme ensures this sneaker looks fresh as ever.
Release: September 24th 2016 at The Good Will Out
Sneakers76 EQT Guidance 93 Details
– turquoise perforated suede leather toe box
– light grey perforated suede leather quarter panel
– dark grey teasle suede overlays
– light grey leather detailing on quarter panel
– light turquoise suede leather heel tab with adidas Performance logo embroideries
– reflective heel strips
– woodgrain colored accents on heel tab, lacing and tongue
– wrap-around mid-foot/tongue construction
– leather lining
– white EVA midsole with
– gum-colored outsole
– Torsion® System
– tongue labels with adidas Performance and “The Bridge of the Two Seas” signet